Friday, February 10, 2012

Books, affordability & accessibility


I was checking out http://indiaplaza.com once to see why it has not become as popular as http://flipkart.com thought it was running for longer time. I did not find the user interface to be very professional. I think in all the e-commerce or any other web-based services, the user-experience (UX) is the key. The fundamental principle from UX perspective is that the user should be able to conduct the operations with minimum clicks and with intuitive navigation mechanism. From that perspective there is no other site better than facebook.

Coming back to indiaplaza, I found a book 'Making it on my own' offered at 50% off and ordered the book by paying through credit-card online. The cost of the book was Rs. 63 and interestingly the shipping was free ! I wish many other important and useful books also get as affordable and convenient-to-order as this one. The day, when all the books would be available in an interactive digital format, is not far off !

No comments:

Post a Comment